Special tiles Transparent tiles
In Japan (and occasionally elsewhere) a special kind version of Mah Jong,
inspired by the popular anime Akagi, is sometimes played, where three of the
four tiles sets are replaced with transparent tiles. While there are no
established rules yet, Four Winds lets you experiment with this game style by
allowing you to specify up to 4 sets to be replaced with transparent tiles, and
also specify whether transparent tiles are shown in the Wall (normally the Wall
tiles are hidden when transparent tiles are used).
To use transparent tiles in the game:
- Choose Preferences on the File menu.
- From the Rule Presets list, choose a customized rule preset.
- Choose General under the Rules section of the category
- Click Other button to show the Other Special Tiles dialog
- From the Transparent Tiles group, specify the number of transparent tiles
sets (from 0 to 4).
- Check Transparent jokers if you wish to use transparency in
jokers. When checked, all jokers used in the game will be transparent. The
option can also be used without specifying any tile sets to be transparent.
- Check Mirror when in hand if you wish to show transparent tiles
mirrored (like when playing in real world) when they are turned down (e.g.,
when they appear in another
- Check Show in the Wall if you wish to show the transparent tiles
in the Wall
real game the Wall tiles are normally hidden when transparent sets are
used). When this option is checked, you can view the tiles in the Wall and
Dead Wall (when applicable) in the Wall window by right clicking
anywhere within the window (right click again to toggle with the views). The
transparent tiles are shown face up and opaque tiles face down.
Note: The wall tile view of the Wall window is refreshed each
time you toggle the view so that the first tile of the view is the next
available tile in the Wall.
The patterns All opaque and All
transparent (under Sets & Patterns > Miscellaneous patterns) become
available when using transparent sets.
Flowers and Seasons
Omit Bamboo tiles