Rule presets donít work right
If you have problems with the rule presets (e.g., actual settings used in the game are
not those selected from the Preferences, or custom rules do not load
correctly, or the program behaves generally erratically when starting a new
game), it is probable that the configuration file for rule presets (4winds.cfg)
To correct the problems with rule presets:
- Close the Preferences dialog box, if necessary.
- Delete the file 4winds.cfg in the Four Winds program folder, or hold down
the Ctrl key when you launch Four Winds (and accept a dialog box asking
confirmation for resetting the configuration file).
- Open the Preferences dialog box, and Four Winds re-creates the configuration file
with the default presets.
- From the Rule presets list, select any other rule preset than the
one that is currently active. This ensures that the settings are read from
the configuration file rather than from the system registry, which still may
have the corrupt settings.
- Reselect the rules you had active originally (not applicable, if
user-defined rules were active, since the saved, user-defined rules are lost
when the configuration file is deleted).
Graphics don't fit in window
The taskbar does not disappear
Problems with custom cursors
Problems with sound
Problems with printing
Cannot start a multiplayer game
Settings seem to be corrupt
Problems with saving or loading statistics or