and managing custom rule presets
Customizing a rule preset
You can customize any of the pre-defined rule presets.
To customize a rule preset:
- Quit an on-going game, if applicable.
- Choose Preferences on the File menu.
- From the Rule Presets list at the top of the Preferences dialog
box, select a rule preset you wish to customize.
- From the Rule Presets, choose "Customized". This makes all
options available for editing.
- Make the desired changes to the rules.
- If you wish to save the changes to a user-defined rule preset, click the small arrow
button on the left of the Rule Presets list and choose Save as
New Preset from the pop-up menu.
- OR -
If you want to use the customized setting without creating a user-defined preset, just
click OK to close the Preferences dialog box. The
settings are saved in the system registry so they are retained between sessions, and you
can edit them later. But you lose the customized settings if you select any other rule
preset from the Rule Presets list or in the New Game dialog
box. If you want to make sure that you do not
lose your customized settings, always save them as a user-defined rule preset.
Note: Top 20 tables and statistics cannot be used with customized,
non-saved rules. If you wish to use these features, you should save your customized rule
preset as a user-defined preset.
Guidelines for customizing rule presets
Creating a new preset
Modifying a user-defined preset
Renaming a user-defined preset
Deleting a user-defined preset